Thursday, November 1, 2007

First Quarter Reflection

1. So far I have enjoyed writing poetry because you have a lot of freedom with it. They can be short or long, and they can have different rhyme schemes, which I like. I have also enjoyed the writing prompts because they make me think and write about topics I wouldn't normally think or write about. In a way they challenge/push me in an intellectual way.

2. I think the two strongest pieces I've written so far have been my two poems, The Puppet Show and My Bestest Friend. I think these have been my strongest because I encorporated a lot of detail into them and they also had a plot or background story to them, which I think made them more complex than my other poems. I do feel that I have had a lot of inspiration for my poems and I feel that it is easier to be inspired to write poetry than a short story.

3. This quarter I have learned that I am a self-motivated writer, especially when I'm inspired. However, I do need to push myself when I'm not inspired or don't like the topic of which I am writing about. That's when it's the most challenging for me. I do like some structure because if there isn't any structure, the possiblilities are too vast and I'm too indecisive of a person to be able to pick one thing to write about.

4. I think non-fiction would be fun because I enjoy reading non-fiction and I think we've done a lot of fictional writing so far so I think it would be fun and refreshing to try something new. I also think writing a plat would be interesting because I definitely think it would be challenging.

4 comments:

common sense said...

Its funny commenting when your sitting right beside me but anyyyyways.

I think that its good you enjoyed writing the poems, I remember reading The Puppet Show and its easily one of my favorite poems. It's too bad you didn't share more with all of us!

Oh and I'm the same way when it comes to writing, I'm good when I'm inspired but it takes a lot when I'm not.

Tom's Blog said...

I agree with you about poetry. I'm sure your favorite poetry was the haiku part, am I right? ;)

I agree, we have done a lot of fiction writing. I could be interesting to do some non-fiction writing.

Jamie's Blog said...

I also enjoyed poetry and that it's a lot easier when you're inspired. I also remember reading the puppet show which was really good and agree with tyler that you should've shared more.

Tom's Blog said...

I will definately let you read the Mike Vick poem. Also, if Ms. Barnkiskis reads this, I would love to show my Mike Vick Musical in class, I think it would be really funny. I will put it on youtube though Sarah.

Sorry I didn't do this in spanish. Yo no quiero hablar en espanol por que a mi no me gusta este clase y a mi me gusta comida tambien.

Adios